XDev is open and free set of compilers, additional tools, libraries and design patterns for cross-platform and embedded development in modular programming languages of Oberon family.
- Languages: Oberon, Oberon-2, Oberon-07, Component Pascal (subset), Oberon-3, C, assembler
- Host platform: MS Windows x86/x64
- Target platforms: Win32/64, UNIX/Linux
- Target retroplatforms: ZX Spectrum, MSX, NES, Sega MegaDrive, GameBoy, MS-DOS, BK-001X/UKNC, soviet K580-based computers
- You can develop projects in several languages at once.
- You can develop for different platforms, such as retro and new.
Main goals and benefits of XDev
- Small size of the target machine code
- Widely using of the great achievements of the European school of programming, such as safe and modular programming languages — Oberon, Oberon-2, Oberon-07, Component Pascal.