Твердыня модульных языков
Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 21:42

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: command line for linux
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 06:22 

When I try to use ofront with spectrum oberon code it always fails with imports

I think it wants system.mod but it doesnt exist

What command line is used with ofront in zxdev?

I tried looking for it but couldnt find it

Ответить с цитатой  
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: command line for linux
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 14:27 

At first, welcome to the forum!

Please tell me what Ofront do you use - the command-line vers. or BlackBox subsystem (and original Josef Templ's variant or modified by me)?

My answer about system.mod will depend on your answer. If you do use command-line Ofront, the all its sources (and System.Mod, SYSTEM.Mod, SYSTEM.c0) you can download at official website (file ofront.tar.gz).

In ZXDev I've used simplified variant of SYSTEM that was adapted for Z80. Look at ZXDev/Lib/SYSTEM.h and ZXDev/Lib/SYSTEM.c

Ofront as a BlackBox subsystem does not use command-line at all. Instead, it gives the default compile options from Ofront/Rsrc/Tool.odc, and all compiling modules use these options.

In XDev the option "Ofront -> Tool... -> generate main program" sets dynamically in a module source with the directive in the module's comments: (*$MAIN*)

In the future, I plan to implement the definition of all (current and future) options in the same manner (like in Turbo Pascal).

Templ's Ofront for BlackBox looking for imported modules in the default directory ("C:\temp") that is defined in Ofront/Rsrc/Strings configuration file (the option "directories").

XDev/Ofront looking for imported modules at the same option, but now paths "%WorkDir%;%Subsys%/Lib" is defined there, and, while compiling, this variables set to the working subsystem - for ZXDev there are "ZXDev/Obj" and "ZXDev/Lib/Obj" for object files (C headers and sources); "ZXDev/Sym" and "ZXDev/Lib/Sym" for symbol files.

And don't forget that Ofront is really well documented project!

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 18:59 

I am able to use the ofront with blackbox in WINE successfully

The errors happen when I try to use the command line version in linux
I read the ofront manual but I dont see anything that helps

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 19:08 

I've not experience to work with Ofront under Linux. Perhaps I'll try to reproduce your problem in a few days, but it will not be a priority of my work - everyone must carry own small stone, rather than trying to take on everything... I'm sorry.

In principle, you can readdress the question to Josef Templ, the author of Ofront.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 20:34 

Good idea, Ill try that

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 15 июн 2013, 22:41 

I think I solved it, the modules like BASIC,are in odc format,
I simply opened them in blackbox and saved them as Mod

then it works so far :mrgreen:

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 июн 2013, 17:06 

Yeah, BlackBox's .odc format is a binary. :) And it has many benefits, so let's study the both approaches, textual and non-textual.

Ideally I would like to see a lightweight build of BlackBox/Ofront with simple IDE in console text mode (like Free Pascal), but that will include modularity and extensibility of Oberons, and will be cross-platform with the potential of easy porting to any platform (like Linux under Raspberry Pi).

Btw, what a text editor do you use for edit Oberon modules? As I know, there is a text editor ROPS that is adapted for Oberon language and works under Linux, you can try it.

Or you can try Syn Text Editor with Modula-3 scheme, but it's Windows only.

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 июн 2013, 20:56 

I was using geany because I set it up so I just have to press one button to compile and launch the spectrum game

It doesnt have any syntax highlighting unfortunately and the error messages dont give the correct line number,
so I was using blackbox under wine to edit,

rops looks interesting but when I open a file it doesnt highlight, I tried selecting different languages

Ответить с цитатой  
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 июн 2013, 21:33 

The ROPS author wrote:
Цитата:
Main features:

Automatic syntax highlighting (for Oberon family of programming languages - only minimal: bold stand identifiers marked for export, red - «SYSTEM»). Syntax highlighting rules can be easily changed.
So modest and minimal highlighting should be.

You can config Syn Text Editor to build/run by pressing a single button, and the cursor will placed into an error position, if it is. To know more, see my article "In Oberon with comfort, or IDE based on Syn Text Editor + OPCL" (In Russian, just use Google translator).

But somehow I think that you want to eventually get rid of the WINE for the benefit of native development tools. :D

Ответить с цитатой  

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа